Brent residents warned not to use illegal skip company or face a fine
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Brent are being warned they face a heavy fine if they use an illegal skip company which is operating in the borough.
People are being asked not to book the company called A2B Skips, which also operates under the name VST, as it is operating without a licence and could be disposing of waste illegally.
The company has failed to act when contacted to either pay for a licence or remove the skips which is costing the council £250 each time they remove them.
Waste has also been illegally stored on private land with the cost left to the landowner.
The council says skips are being dumped fully loaded and are attracting further dumping causing a nuisance to surrounding residents.
You may also want to watch:
All skip companies are required to have a licence to operate and residents must ask to see proof before they hire one.
People can be fined or prosecuted if they hire an unlicensed company.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 4 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
For a list of approved skip hire companies visit www.skipandbin.com.