Brent residents urged to support Mayor of London’s clean-up event
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are need to help spruce up the River Brent area in Wembley
Residents are being urged to support the Mayor’s Team London Spring Clean by helping to spruce up an area near the River Brent.
Brent Council is working with the Friends of Brent River Park to carry out the community makeover which will take place this Saturday.
This Capital Clean Up event is organised by Brent Council, Thames21, the Friends of Brent River Park and Brent Youth Volunteers and supported by IKEA and Capital Clean Up Community Grant.
Spring flowers will be planted at the sport pavilion and to keep everyone’s energy up and celebrate their hard work, the event will end at 12.30pm with refreshments provided by IKEA.
You may also want to watch:
Participants will be provided with gloves, litter-picking equipment, rubbish sack and a health and safety briefing.
Cllr Muhammed Butt, Leader of Brent Council and Tokyngton Ward councillor is planning to take part, he said: “It’s a great opportunity for the local community to work together to improve the river park for everyone to enjoy. There’s nothing quite as rewarding as working with your friends and neighbours to improve an area that we all use and enjoy.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
“I would encourage everyone to take part to spruce up the area.”
Volunteers are asked to meet at the children’s play area, off Vivian Avenue, Wembley, at 10.30am.
Children must be accompanied by adults.