Brent residents urged to support Mayor of London’s clean-up event
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are need to help spruce up the River Brent area in Wembley
Residents are being urged to support the Mayor’s Team London Spring Clean by helping to spruce up an area near the River Brent.
Brent Council is working with the Friends of Brent River Park to carry out the community makeover which will take place this Saturday.
This Capital Clean Up event is organised by Brent Council, Thames21, the Friends of Brent River Park and Brent Youth Volunteers and supported by IKEA and Capital Clean Up Community Grant.
Spring flowers will be planted at the sport pavilion and to keep everyone’s energy up and celebrate their hard work, the event will end at 12.30pm with refreshments provided by IKEA.
Participants will be provided with gloves, litter-picking equipment, rubbish sack and a health and safety briefing.
Cllr Muhammed Butt, Leader of Brent Council and Tokyngton Ward councillor is planning to take part, he said: “It’s a great opportunity for the local community to work together to improve the river park for everyone to enjoy. There’s nothing quite as rewarding as working with your friends and neighbours to improve an area that we all use and enjoy.
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 4 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Roundwood Park tap removed after children use it to fill balloons
- 9 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 10 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
“I would encourage everyone to take part to spruce up the area.”
Volunteers are asked to meet at the children’s play area, off Vivian Avenue, Wembley, at 10.30am.
Children must be accompanied by adults.