Brent residents spend the second lowest amount in London on Mother’s Day gifts
- Credit: Archant
People living in Redbridge splash out the least amount in the city
Brent residents were the second stingiest in London when it came to splashing out on Mother’s Day gifts last year, according to an online retailer.
Results compiled by beauty website Escentual.com from their nationwide Mother’s Day sales figures for 2012 showed the borough’s average spend was £22.24.
Redbridge was deemed the meanest with an average spend of £20.38 and residents in Westminster splashed out an average of £56.52 making them the most generous out of the 33 boroughs.
The UK average was £41.23.
You may also want to watch:
Rakesh Aggarwal, Escentual.com CEO, said: “There was a huge variation on expenditure for Mother’s Day gifts across the London, but Westminster were by far the most generous.
“But it’s the thought that counts on Mother’s Day, so any present given on the day will always be cherished.”
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 3 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 4 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 5 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 6 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 7 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 8 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 9 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 10 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom