Brent residents spend the second lowest amount in London on Mother’s Day gifts
- Credit: Archant
People living in Redbridge splash out the least amount in the city
Brent residents were the second stingiest in London when it came to splashing out on Mother’s Day gifts last year, according to an online retailer.
Results compiled by beauty website Escentual.com from their nationwide Mother’s Day sales figures for 2012 showed the borough’s average spend was £22.24.
Redbridge was deemed the meanest with an average spend of £20.38 and residents in Westminster splashed out an average of £56.52 making them the most generous out of the 33 boroughs.
The UK average was £41.23.
You may also want to watch:
Rakesh Aggarwal, Escentual.com CEO, said: “There was a huge variation on expenditure for Mother’s Day gifts across the London, but Westminster were by far the most generous.
“But it’s the thought that counts on Mother’s Day, so any present given on the day will always be cherished.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears
- 9 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 10 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'