Brent residents being offered cut-price Wembley Stadium tour to mark 90th anniversary
- Credit: Getty Images
The iconic venue, which was rebuilt in 2007, has hosted a catalogue of famous events since 1923
Brent residents are being offered a chance to tour Wembley Stadium at a reduced price as part of its 90th anniversary celebrations later this month.
The iconic venue, which was rebuilt in 2007, has hosted a catalogue of famous events throughout its history, from England’s glorious 1966 FIFA World Cup victory through to Live Aid, regarded as the most iconic moment in music, in 1986.
As part of its milestone birthday and the 150th anniversary of The Football Association, 5,000 residents will be given a guided tour of the stadium for £1.50 instead of £16 for adults and £9 for children and seniors.
The behind the scenes tour includes the chance to visit England’s Changing Room and walk through the player’s tunnel into the iconic stadium.
You may also want to watch:
It also includes a new exhibition celebrating 150 years of the game featuring football artefacts including the original FA Rule Book written in 1863, trophies including the Jules Rimet Trophy famously lifted by Bobby Moore after winning the 1966 FIFA World Cup and a timeline telling the story of the game from 1863 to the modern day.
Roger Maslin, managing director at Wembley Stadium, said: “The local community has played a crucial role in the history of the stadium so we were keen for them to be a part of our anniversary. Whether they’ve been to Wembley before or not, we hope they take the opportunity to come over the weekend and learn more about the unique history of the stadium.”
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 9 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 10 Wealdstone settle for a draw against Aldershot Town
Places for the tours on April 27 and 28 are available on a first-come-first-served basis which can be booked by visiting wembleystadium.com/tours.
The password is your postcode.