Brent resident celebrates his 100th birthday
Former builder moved to the UK from Ireland 56 years ago
A resident at a Brent care home marked the end of the year by celebrating a landmark birthday.
Edward Fogarty, a resident of Willesden Court Care Home turned 100 last week..
To honour the occasion, friends, family and fellow residents celebrated during a fun-filled day at the home in Ganet Road.
During the afternoon a pianist and singer performed songs from musicals and he was presented with a card from the Queen and Michael D Higgins, the president of his native Ireland.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after the event, his daughter Bridget paid tribute to the staff at the care home for providing her father with such a special day.
She said: “I am immensely grateful to all the staff for such a splendid and lovely day, he really enjoyed himself and it was such a lovely celebration.”
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 8 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 9 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
Mr Fogarty, who celebrated his birthday on December 30, is originally from County Wexford in Ireland and moved to the UK in 1946 where he worked as a builder.
Around 50 residents of the care home alongside some of his daughters close friends were also at the event where he was presented with a bunch of flowers before they all enjoyed the birthday cake.
Shaisda Ahmed, activities co-ordinator who organised the event alongside the manager of the care home said the party was ‘beautiful’.