Brent pupils celebrate 500 days until the Olympics
School children marked the milestone by waving the tournament’s flag
On your marks, get set, go!
With fewer than 500 days to go until the 2012 London Olympics kicks off, school children marked the milestone by waving the tournament’s flag at Wembley Stadium.
Pupils from St. Joseph’s RC Primary School in Chatsworth Road, Wembley and Princess Frederica School, in College Road, Harlesden, celebrated the event the beneath the ark of Wembley stadium – which will host the Olympic football games.
They were joined by Brent’s Mayor Councillor Harbhajan Singh and Brent Council’s leader, Cllr Ann John.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets start at �20. for more information visit www.tickets.london2012.com
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 4 Search continues for Agnes Akom after human remains found in Neasden
- 5 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 6 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 7 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
- 8 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 9 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 10 'I had to develop a thick skin': England's first black footballer Benjamin Odeje on encountering racism