Brent Police to roll out street drinking ban for the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final
Officers will be looking out for sports fans supping alcohol on the road
A controlled drinking zone will be in place across the borough tomorrow as Wembley Stadium opens up for the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final.
Alcohol will be banned from the streets and police will be on the lookout for people drinking as Warrington Wolves face the Leeds Rhinos.
The game kicks off at 2.30pm but the ban will be in place all day.
Previously, residents have complained about police not enforcing the ban – citing the FA Cup Final in April where fans of both Everton and Liverpool were openly drinking in Wembley.
You may also want to watch:
Brent Police said at the time that fans needed to be educated about drinking on match days and that they would take action ‘were appropriate’.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize