Brent Police to roll out street drinking ban for the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final
Officers will be looking out for sports fans supping alcohol on the road
A controlled drinking zone will be in place across the borough tomorrow as Wembley Stadium opens up for the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final.
Alcohol will be banned from the streets and police will be on the lookout for people drinking as Warrington Wolves face the Leeds Rhinos.
The game kicks off at 2.30pm but the ban will be in place all day.
Previously, residents have complained about police not enforcing the ban – citing the FA Cup Final in April where fans of both Everton and Liverpool were openly drinking in Wembley.
You may also want to watch:
Brent Police said at the time that fans needed to be educated about drinking on match days and that they would take action ‘were appropriate’.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley