Brent Police operation catches drivers making illegal right turns
- Credit: Archant
Reckless drivers making illegal right turns into Northwick Park Hospital were snared during a two-hour police operation yesterday.
Officers stopped 24 drivers who were all issued fixed penalty notices of £100 and three penalty points on their licence.
Northwick Park Safer Neighbourhoods Team carried out the operation in response to complaints from residents about accidents and near misses caused by traffic turning across the busy Watford Road, Sudbury, to get to the hospital.
After carrying out the illegal turn drivers also ignore a ‘No entry’ sign.
Acting Sergeant Dan King from Northwick Park Safer Neighbourhoods Team said: “This is now the sixth operation conducted by the team at this site and we still continue to see a large amount of motorists contravening these signs.
You may also want to watch:
“The penalty could be anything from a fixed penalty notice of three penalty points and £100 to a court summons for dangerous driving which carries a potential driving ban and a large fine.”
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer