Brent Police close two brothels in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Officers received complaints from residents in London Road and Harrow Road
Residents on two streets in Wembley can enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep following the closure of two brothels.
Officers from Brent Police were given the green light to close the premises in Harrow Road and London Road after receiving a string of complaints about anti-social behaviour from fed-up locals.
Chief Inspector Andy Jones from Brent Police said: “These closures are yet another example of how seriously we take matters of crime and ASB on this borough.
“These premises were causing a nuisance and concern to local residents and the effective intervention by our Safer Neighbourhood Team has provided a resolution to the issues.”
You may also want to watch:
A court warrant from Brent Magistrates Court was granted last week.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods