Vaccine take up in Brent amongst the worst in UK
- Credit: PA
Brent has one of the lowest Covid vaccine take up rates in the country, according to data.
Up until March 21 only 31.8 per cent of people aged over 16 have had the first jab, according to NHS England, a total of 111,640 citizens.
Tower Hamlets has the worst with 22.2pc and North Norfolk the best with 66.1pc.
At Brent Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) meeting on March 18, Fana Hussein, assistant director of primary Care, said there was a much higher take-up of vaccines in the north of Brent.
"South of the borough has not had the same take-up as the north," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"North Brent vaccines are very very good, south Brent is not so good."
She said in deprived areas mortality rates are "much higher" and as a result vaccine take-up rates much lower.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Stabbed 7-year-old girl meets police officers who saved her life
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
She said in affluent areas, where mortality rates are lower people are "better at coming forward for a vaccine."
She told the meeting they "need to work more closely with pharmacies and vaccine centres".