Brent Neighbourhood Watch launches new initiative to stamp out Christmas burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Burglars beware – a successful event to celebrate the launch of a new watch in Brent and to remind residents to stay vigilant during the festive period has just taken place.
Brent Neighbourhood Watch (BNW) team were joined by Cllr Roaxnne Mashari, Brent Police Cadets, Forest Youth football Club and local residents at the event which was held at McDonalds in Blackbird Hill, Neasden.
Organised in partnership Welsh Harp Neighbourhoods Police Team, the even hosted fun workshops and activities to promote how best to keep safe and provide anti-burglary tips.
The fight to eradicate crime from the borough was supported by IKEA in Brent Park, Nandos and McDonalds, which provided food and vouchers to attendees.
Burglary in the borough has dropped by 10 per cent but BNW is urging resident not to give thieves an opportunity by securing their homes and beware of pickpockets when shopping.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Bennet, BNW chairman, said: “During the festive period when most of us are swopping presents with each other, the last thing we need to do is to advertise these to criminals who may see empty boxes outside next to the bin of new TVs or the latest IT equipment.”
For more information on the Neighbourhood Watch Team visit www.brentnw.com.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 7 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours