Brent Neighbourhood Watch advises residents on identity fraud
Special packs on how to avoid becoming a victim will be handed out
RESIDENTS can find out how to avoid being a victim of identity fraud at a special event being held tomorrow (Thursday).
Brent Neighbourhood Watch (BNW) will be handing out information packs on how to beat the fraudsters at Sainsbury’s in Walm Lane, Willesden, between 3pm - 6pm.
Tony Antonio MBE, BNW senior warden, told the Times many residents are unaware on how easy it is to become a victim.
He said: “People need to know that there are criminals out there who will raid your bins to find information about you.
You may also want to watch:
The pack we’ll be handing out tells people how to lower your chances of being target by doing simple things like using a shredder to dispose of personal information.”
Sainsbury’s in Walm Lane, Willesden, is directly opposite Willesden Green Tube Station.
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Teenager jailed after robbing sex worker at knifepoint
- 4 Police appeal for missing woman from Cricklewood
- 5 The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades on how he mended his own life
- 6 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 7 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 8 Kilburn residents shout 'save our square' from over-development
- 9 Exhibition celebrating Gujarati influences launches in Willesden
- 10 Police officer convicted after being caught drink driving