Brent Neighbourhood Watch advises residents on identity fraud
Special packs on how to avoid becoming a victim will be handed out
RESIDENTS can find out how to avoid being a victim of identity fraud at a special event being held tomorrow (Thursday).
Brent Neighbourhood Watch (BNW) will be handing out information packs on how to beat the fraudsters at Sainsbury’s in Walm Lane, Willesden, between 3pm - 6pm.
Tony Antonio MBE, BNW senior warden, told the Times many residents are unaware on how easy it is to become a victim.
He said: “People need to know that there are criminals out there who will raid your bins to find information about you.
You may also want to watch:
The pack we’ll be handing out tells people how to lower your chances of being target by doing simple things like using a shredder to dispose of personal information.”
Sainsbury’s in Walm Lane, Willesden, is directly opposite Willesden Green Tube Station.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 10 Summer in the City: Five things to do in Brent this weekend