Brent mothers presented with certificates for completing parenting course
- Credit: Archant
Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC) course gives mums and dads practical tips
A group of mothers have been presented with a certificate of achievement after participating in a parenting course.
The 12-week Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC) course gives mums and dads practical tips on how to develop, strengthen and improve their parenting.
It also encourages them to develop positive ways to discipline their children.
Organised and run by children’s centres across the borough, SFSC also allows parents to come together to share and discuss the common issues and challenges they face.
You may also want to watch:
In addition it emphasises the importance of ethnic, cultural and spiritual values as one of the foundations for building successful family and community cohesion.
Cllr Michael Pavey (Lab: Barnhill), pictured, presented the mothers with their certificates.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
He said: “This is a fantastic course and the families have worked really hard.
“I’m sure their kids will make a great contribution to the Brent community when they grow up.”
To find out about parenting programmes running at Brent children’s centres call 020 8937 3010.