Brent mothers presented with certificates for completing parenting course
- Credit: Archant
Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC) course gives mums and dads practical tips
A group of mothers have been presented with a certificate of achievement after participating in a parenting course.
The 12-week Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC) course gives mums and dads practical tips on how to develop, strengthen and improve their parenting.
It also encourages them to develop positive ways to discipline their children.
Organised and run by children’s centres across the borough, SFSC also allows parents to come together to share and discuss the common issues and challenges they face.
In addition it emphasises the importance of ethnic, cultural and spiritual values as one of the foundations for building successful family and community cohesion.
Cllr Michael Pavey (Lab: Barnhill), pictured, presented the mothers with their certificates.
- 1 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 4 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 5 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 6 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 9 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 10 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
He said: “This is a fantastic course and the families have worked really hard.
“I’m sure their kids will make a great contribution to the Brent community when they grow up.”
To find out about parenting programmes running at Brent children’s centres call 020 8937 3010.