Brent mothers presented with certificates for completing parenting course
- Credit: Archant
Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC) course gives mums and dads practical tips
A group of mothers have been presented with a certificate of achievement after participating in a parenting course.
The 12-week Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC) course gives mums and dads practical tips on how to develop, strengthen and improve their parenting.
It also encourages them to develop positive ways to discipline their children.
Organised and run by children’s centres across the borough, SFSC also allows parents to come together to share and discuss the common issues and challenges they face.
You may also want to watch:
In addition it emphasises the importance of ethnic, cultural and spiritual values as one of the foundations for building successful family and community cohesion.
Cllr Michael Pavey (Lab: Barnhill), pictured, presented the mothers with their certificates.
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 5 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 6 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 7 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 9 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce
- 10 Special needs school's bus cut due to petrol crisis
He said: “This is a fantastic course and the families have worked really hard.
“I’m sure their kids will make a great contribution to the Brent community when they grow up.”
To find out about parenting programmes running at Brent children’s centres call 020 8937 3010.