Brent mothers presented with certificates for completing parenting course
- Credit: Archant
Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC) course gives mums and dads practical tips
A group of mothers have been presented with a certificate of achievement after participating in a parenting course.
The 12-week Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities (SFSC) course gives mums and dads practical tips on how to develop, strengthen and improve their parenting.
It also encourages them to develop positive ways to discipline their children.
Organised and run by children’s centres across the borough, SFSC also allows parents to come together to share and discuss the common issues and challenges they face.
In addition it emphasises the importance of ethnic, cultural and spiritual values as one of the foundations for building successful family and community cohesion.
Cllr Michael Pavey (Lab: Barnhill), pictured, presented the mothers with their certificates.
- 1 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 2 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 3 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 4 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 5 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data
- 6 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 7 Central Mosque of Brent launches Breathe Easy support group
- 8 Lexi Cinema: Hostile documentary 'shows effect of Theresa May policy'
- 9 HS2: Government hails 'incredible momentum' as Old Oak Common work continues
- 10 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
He said: “This is a fantastic course and the families have worked really hard.
“I’m sure their kids will make a great contribution to the Brent community when they grow up.”
To find out about parenting programmes running at Brent children’s centres call 020 8937 3010.