Brent men jailed for life for murder of Rico Gordon in Bristol
21-year-old was gunned down after being caught in the crossfire between rival gangs
Two Brent men have been jailed for life for the murder of a 21-year-old in Bristol.
Shakah Anderson, 31, formerly of Harlesden and now from Luton and Rickel Adams, 27, of Janson Close, Neasden, were jailed for 32 and 35 years respectively at Bristol Crown Court today, August 3.
Rico, who was from the Notting Hill area of London, was shot dead on Stapleton Road in Bristol last year in the early hours of Sunday July 3.
He was shot in the head after being caught in the crossfire during an alleged shoot-out between rivals after attending the city’s annual St Paul’s Carnival.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Superintendent Sue Scott from Avon and Somerset Police said: “This tragic incident goes to show the heartache that firearms can cause and the arrogance and disregard for life these gunmen had.
“Rico was an innocent man caught in the crossfire who lost his life needlessly by individuals who bought their guns and violence to Bristol from London.”
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 6 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 7 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 8 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
Anderson was also found guilty of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life while Adams was found guilty of
possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life and two charges of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.