Brent McDonald’s restaurant owner shortlisted for business award
- Credit: Archant
A businessman who runs a string of McDonald’s restaurants including branches in Wembley, Neasden, Kilburn and Cricklewood, has been shortlisted for an award.
Atul Pathak is in the running for the Santander Corporate Citizenship Award as part of the 2014 National Business Awards.
He will be competing against well known companies including KPMG and Samsung.
Mr Pathak runs 26 franchises through his company, Appt Corporation Ltd, launched a community award earlier this year offering grants to charities and organisations.
The Appt Community Awards will donate between £250 and £1,000 in a year-long corporate partnership to registered charities and community groups.
He said: “I am honoured to have been chosen as a finalist for such a prestigious business award. My restaurants serve their local community. They are staffed mainly with members of the local community. It is only natural that we go that bit further to help out wherever possible as it is the right thing to do.
“However to be recognised by my peers alongside a number of household names for this work is uplifting for both me and my 2,000 staff members.”
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 Dramatic Dieng equaliser sums up 'crazy game' for QPR boss Beale
- 6 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 7 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 8 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
Caroline Diehl, CEO of The Media Trust and judge for the category said: “Appt Corporation’s passionate leader has created a financially successful business that values its staff and apprentices, as well as its customers, to ensure high levels of profitability.
“The new Atul Pathak Community Awards will provide further evidence of top level commitment.”
The winner will be announced in November.