Brent Mayor to run 27th marathon in aid of Cricklewood charity
- Credit: Archant
The borough’s sporty mayor will be donning his trainers once again by taking part in the London marathon for a charity in Cricklewood
Cllr Bobby Thomas will be tackling his 27th marathon to raise funds for Ashford Place, which was formerly Cricklewood Homeless Concern.
Ashford Place offers a variety of resources to the Brent community including services for elderly and isolated residents, engaging with young people, helping vulnerable people back to work and public realm improvements.
Cllr Thomas is a veteran to the 26.2 mile challenge as he has completed 10 in London, five each in New Forest, Harrow and overseas and one in Kingston.
The Labour councillor for Kensal Green aims to raise £10,000 for the charity.
To sponsor Cllr Thomas visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/BobbyThomas or alternatively you can send a cheque to the Mayor’s office payable to “The Mayor of Brent’s Charity Appeal 2013/14”.
You may also want to watch:
The address is: Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley, HA9 0FJ.
The London Marathon takes place on April 13.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Are you a Brent resident or worker who is taking part in the marathon.
If so you can call the newsdesk on 020 7433 6228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.