Brent man and woman charged in police pre-Olympic crime crackdown in Soho
Pair are accused of drug offences
A man and a woman from Brent have been charged with drug offences following a pre-Olympic crackdown in the London’s West End.
Agnes Nakanda, 42, of Barry Road, Stonebridge, and Alton Chambers, 40, of Acton Lane, Harlesden, were arrested during the police operation last week.
The operation, codenamed Trafalgar, targeted suspected drug dealers and thieves in Soho, Leicester Square, Piccadilly and Covent Garden.
The pair were charged alongside 18 other people.
You may also want to watch:
Nakanda and Chambers have been remanded in custody to appear before Southwark Crown Court on June 12.
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Teenager jailed after robbing sex worker at knifepoint
- 4 Police appeal for missing woman from Cricklewood
- 5 The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades on how he mended his own life
- 6 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 7 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 8 Kilburn residents shout 'save our square' from over-development
- 9 Exhibition celebrating Gujarati influences launches in Willesden
- 10 Police officer convicted after being caught drink driving