Brent man and woman charged in police pre-Olympic crime crackdown in Soho
Pair are accused of drug offences
A man and a woman from Brent have been charged with drug offences following a pre-Olympic crackdown in the London’s West End.
Agnes Nakanda, 42, of Barry Road, Stonebridge, and Alton Chambers, 40, of Acton Lane, Harlesden, were arrested during the police operation last week.
The operation, codenamed Trafalgar, targeted suspected drug dealers and thieves in Soho, Leicester Square, Piccadilly and Covent Garden.
The pair were charged alongside 18 other people.
You may also want to watch:
Nakanda and Chambers have been remanded in custody to appear before Southwark Crown Court on June 12.
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 8 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 9 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley