Brent Housing Partnership shortlisted for award thanks to Neasden housing estate film
- Credit: Archant
A housing group in Brent has been shortlisted for an award thanks to a film it produced about young people living in a housing estate Neasden.
Brent Housing Partnership (BHP) is in the running for the National Federation of ALMOs (NFA) award in the category of ‘Most Effective Communication Campaign for their role in the film ‘Perceptions’.
The 30-minute movie features youths and young adults from the St Raphael’s Estate who showcase their talents in a bid to break free from the stigma attached to people who live in the area.
Released in July last year it has been screen at the British Urban Film Festival.
BHP, which also manages the council’s housing stock as well as its own, will fight for the title alongside Lewisham Homes and Stockport Homes.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Bremner, managing director for BHP said: “We are delighted that BHP has been shortlisted for an NFA Award for our work with Wates Living Space, in tackling the negative perceptions of social housing. This is a theme very close to our hearts and we will continue to work hard to turn negativity into positive initiatives and stories.”
The winner will be announced at a special ceremony on July 15.
- 1 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 2 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 3 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 4 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 5 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 6 MP Dawn Butler: Support available to get through lockdown
- 7 Dozens 'found breaching Covid restrictions' at shisha cafe
- 8 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 9 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 10 'We need you to stay at home' - Northwick Park Hospital