Brent: Fireworks display dazzles residents
Brent Council’s firework displays goes off without a hitch
A council’s fireworks display went ahead without a hitch after firefighters called off their Bonfire Night strike.
Thousands of people flocked to Roundwood Park, in Harlesden, to enjoy a dazzling display which lit up the night sky.
Families clad in their warmest winter garb and armed with sparklers oohed and aahed as stunning fireworks shot across the sky.
Some people had expressed fears over going ahead with public firework displays after the Fire Brigades Union announced plans for a two day walkout.
You may also want to watch:
But union bosses called the strike off citing concerns over private contractors brought in to provide cover.
- 1 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 3 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 4 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 Labour wins Brondesbury Park in tightly contested by-election