Brent Fencers invited to trial for London Youth Games
- Credit: Archant
A fencing school is offering youngsters to try out for selection to Brent fencing teams for the 2014 London Youth Games for free.
The trials, hosted by Salle Paul fencing school, is open to children aged between school years six to 12 who either live in, or go to school in the borough.
The events are not open to beginners - fencers should have at least one year of fencing experience in foil.
Entrants will be pitted against each other and the winners will be chosen by Leo Suarez, Senior Foil Coach, and Caroline Woollard, Fencing Team Manager.
Ms Woollard said: “Brent has had fantastic success in the past at the London Youth Games and I very much hope we can enter a team for 2014.
“The Games are a wonderful opportunity for young fencers across London to compete for their boroughs and the trials we are holding on 7th and 8th May will give Brent fencers a chance to be selected for this year’s teams.”
Selection for the junior team will be done on May 6 at 6.30pm (trials will end at 8.00pm).
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 4 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 9 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 10 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
Trials for the senior team will take place on May 7 at 7.00pm.
For more information visit wthe Salle Paul websiteor email firstname.lastname@example.org.