Brent Fairtrade Network awarded thousands of pounds
Organisation receives �7,000 from the Big Lottery Fund Award
Brent Fairtrade Network (BFN) is celebrating after being awarded thousands of pounds.
The �7,000 grant, from the Big Lottery Fund Awards for All Scheme, will help strengthen the fair-trade volunteer network in the borough.
“Having gained Fairtrade status for Brent earlier this year, we want to deepen and widen the involvement of our volunteer network,” said Brent Fairtrade Network Chair, Robin Sharp.
The plan, over a six month period, is to recruit an advisor, around 140 contacts and around 50 voluntary organisations in Brent who support Fairtrade to promote active engagement in a range of initiatives.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Sharp added: “We are extremely grateful to the Big Lottery Fund for this grant and for their confidence in us.
“We are looking for a recruit with a genuine passion for enthusing and enabling volunteers, so that the project can get underway.”
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 How shared ownership is helping first-time buyers step onto the property ladder in the capital
The Big Lottery Fund is the largest distributor of National Lottery good cause funding across the UK.
The Fund aims to enable others to make real improvements to communities and the lives of people most in need.
Anyone interested in the role of advisor is invited to ask for further details by e-mailing the Chair, Robin Sharp CB, at email@example.com .