Brent Cross waitress on shortlist for world’s best barista
- Credit: Archant
A barista from Brent Cross has moved a step closer to being crowned Costa’s annual barista of the year. after reaching their “Champion of Champions” final.
Kinga Sobczynska, who works in the upper mall of the shopping centre, will battle it out in January against fellow Costa barista’s around the world.
Ms Sobczynska, who has worked at the branch for six months, described reaching the finals as “unbelievable.”
The final involves a series of challenges, including an espresso race, to create hand-crafted coffee to an exceptional standard.
Contenders will showcase their creativity by inventing and preparing their own “signature drink” for judges.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Sobczynska’s signature drink for the competition is Plum Cake, a full-flavoured, fruity yet bitter drink with a kick of spice.
If Ms Sobczynska is crowned the champion, she will win a 10-day trip for two with spending money to a destination with a coffee connection.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 8 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards