Brent Cross store holding charity day for customers
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to a shop in Brent Cross have a chance of winning prizes while doing good for charity this weekend.
Family Bargains at Staples Corner will be bringing ‘Rays of Sunshine’ to their customers by holding the Sunshine event in aid of the children’s charity this weekend.
All staff will wear something yellow and decorate their stores to brighten up the weekend, in a bid to raise funds to grant wishes for seriously ill children.
Customers will also get the chance to win a variety of prizes that will be on offer including vouchers and other gifts by taking part in a store game show that will take place at 12pm and 2pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Rays of Sunshine Children’s Charity brightens up the lives of seriously ill children in the UK aged three to 17 by granting wishes, granting hospital ward wishes and organising outings and large scale events for seriously ill children.
99p Stores Ltd launched its national charity partnership with Rays of Sunshine in August 2014 and has pledged to raise £50,000.
Since then, the discount brand has been encouraging their customers to donate their spare pennies to the wish granting charity via collection bottles in each of the discount brands’ 250 stores.
- 1 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 2 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 3 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 8 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 9 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 10 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London