Brent councillor runs to keep Barham Park library open
Cllr Paul Lorber is putting his best foot forward for the campaign
A councillor is going one step further to save his local library from closure by dusting off his running shoes once again.
Cllr Paul Lorber (Sudbury), Liberal Democrat leader for Brent, is completing a run at the end of May to raise money to save Barham Park library, in Harrow Road, Wembley, from closure.
The reading room is one of six Brent libraries threatened by Labour council cuts.
Cllr Lorber said: “Local people want their library retained and are getting together to help to save it. I am hoping that with the generosity of people willing to sponsor me we will go some way towards raising money to Save Barham Library”.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Lorber, who is embarking on the run in Barham Park on May 28, has already raised �500.
To sponsor Paul Lorber can contact him on email@example.com or 020 89371130.
- 1 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 2 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears
- 3 Michelin-starred Atul Kochlar to open Indian in Wembley Park
- 4 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 5 Colleagues taking credit over public toilet in Alperton 'stinks' says councillor
- 6 'Sorry kids Christmas is cancelled again this year'
- 7 Bold Cricklewood mural heralds the development of Brent Cross Town
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Wembley sickle cell sufferer died due to 'neglect' at Northwick Park Hospital
- 10 Brent and Harrow lottery winner claims prize in nick of time