Brent councillor runs to keep Barham Park library open
Cllr Paul Lorber is putting his best foot forward for the campaign
A councillor is going one step further to save his local library from closure by dusting off his running shoes once again.
Cllr Paul Lorber (Sudbury), Liberal Democrat leader for Brent, is completing a run at the end of May to raise money to save Barham Park library, in Harrow Road, Wembley, from closure.
The reading room is one of six Brent libraries threatened by Labour council cuts.
Cllr Lorber said: “Local people want their library retained and are getting together to help to save it. I am hoping that with the generosity of people willing to sponsor me we will go some way towards raising money to Save Barham Library”.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Lorber, who is embarking on the run in Barham Park on May 28, has already raised �500.
To sponsor Paul Lorber can contact him on email@example.com or 020 89371130.
- 1 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 4 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 5 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 6 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 7 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 8 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 9 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 10 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns