Brent councillor runs to keep Barham Park library open
Cllr Paul Lorber is putting his best foot forward for the campaign
A councillor is going one step further to save his local library from closure by dusting off his running shoes once again.
Cllr Paul Lorber (Sudbury), Liberal Democrat leader for Brent, is completing a run at the end of May to raise money to save Barham Park library, in Harrow Road, Wembley, from closure.
The reading room is one of six Brent libraries threatened by Labour council cuts.
Cllr Lorber said: “Local people want their library retained and are getting together to help to save it. I am hoping that with the generosity of people willing to sponsor me we will go some way towards raising money to Save Barham Library”.
Cllr Lorber, who is embarking on the run in Barham Park on May 28, has already raised �500.
To sponsor Paul Lorber can contact him on email@example.com or 020 89371130.
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 3 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 4 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 5 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 6 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 7 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 8 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 9 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 10 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry