Brent councillor moves his surgery underground
- Credit: Archant
A tube station is set to become the new venue for surgeries held by the leader of Brent’s Liberal Democrats.
Cllr Paul Lorber will now greet the public at the newly opened Barham Volunteer Library at Sudbury Town station in Station Approach.
The move was prompted by the proposed closure of Barham Lounge, part at the Barham Park complex in Harrow Road.
Cllr Lorber, who is one of three Sudbury councillors, said: “Over the years I have seen hundreds and hundreds of residents at Barham Park.
“It will be business as usual at the volunteer library at Sudbury Town station.
You may also want to watch:
“I and my Liberal Democrat colleagues are here to help all local residents.”
The surgeries will still be held on the third Wednesday of every month from 7pm-8pm with the next two on October 16 and November 20.
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 QPR boss 'disappointed' as two late goals cost his side at West Brom
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn