Brent councillor moves his surgery underground
- Credit: Archant
A tube station is set to become the new venue for surgeries held by the leader of Brent’s Liberal Democrats.
Cllr Paul Lorber will now greet the public at the newly opened Barham Volunteer Library at Sudbury Town station in Station Approach.
The move was prompted by the proposed closure of Barham Lounge, part at the Barham Park complex in Harrow Road.
Cllr Lorber, who is one of three Sudbury councillors, said: “Over the years I have seen hundreds and hundreds of residents at Barham Park.
“It will be business as usual at the volunteer library at Sudbury Town station.
You may also want to watch:
“I and my Liberal Democrat colleagues are here to help all local residents.”
The surgeries will still be held on the third Wednesday of every month from 7pm-8pm with the next two on October 16 and November 20.
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man