Brent councillor dies while on holiday in India
- Credit: Archant
A Conservative councillor in Brent has died suddenly while on holiday in India.
Bhiku M Patel, who has served Kenton for 12 years, passed away on Friday after suffering a heart attack.
Fellow Tory Kenton councillor Reg Colwill, who knew Cllr Patel for more than 40 years, said: “He was a brilliant councillor. His sense of humour, his morals were higher than anybody’s. He really was a terrific guy and we’ll miss him.”
Cllr Patel was known to many in the community as he ran a post office on Harrow Road, Wembley, with his wife Hansa for many years.
They had three children together.
You may also want to watch:
He was a councillor for the Tokynton ward in Wembley, before winning a seat in the Kenton by-election in 2010.
Cllr Muhammed Butt, Leader of Brent Council said: “I’ve known him a long time. It’s a sad loss. Our condolences go out to his wife and children and we’ll do whatever we can to help support them.”
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer