Brent councillor arrested and thrown in jail
- Credit: Archant
Cllr Reg Colwill hopes to raise £1,000 by taking part in charity stunt
A councillor in Kenton has been arrested this morning and will be left in jail until he is bailed out as part of a fundraising stunt.
Cllr Reg Colwill is hoping to raise at least £1,000 ‘bail money’ which will be donated to St Luke’s Hospice after his release is secured.
But until the sum is raised Cllr Colwill, who was arrested at St Gregory’s Catholic Science College this morning (Fri), will be left to fester in a cell at Wealdstone Police Station.
Cllr Colwill, (Conservative) is a member of the governing body at the school in Donnington Road, and pupils and teachers have already presented St. Luke’s and Cllr Colwill with a cheque towards his target.
Every year, pupils and staff in Mary House at St. Gregory’s typically raise around £1,500 for St. Luke’s.
The hospice, in Kenton Road, cares for people whose illnesses are no longer curable, enabling them to achieve the best possible quality of life during the final stages of their illness.
- 1 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 4 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 5 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 6 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
- 7 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 8 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 9 Hospital's new research centre officially opened by vaccine taskforce lead
- 10 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
Paying tribute to the hospice, which is based in Kenton, Cllr Colwill said: “It is a charity that is very dear to my heart.
“They do very good work and my colleague Arthur Steel was there before he died and was looked after exceptionally.”
To sponsor Cllr Colwill go to www.justgiving.com/cllrregcolwill