Brent Council takes to the road in drive to recruit more foster parents
- Credit: Archant
A special campervan packed with information will be appearing all over the borough during Fostering Fortnight
Brent Council will be taking to the road in a drive to recruit more foster parents in the borough.
To mark Fostering Fortnight, which starts on May 13, a special foster campervan will be appearing all over the Brent until May 24.
The vehicle will be pulling into supermarkets and town centres handing out information, freebies and advice about the perks and pitfalls of fostering a child.
This year they’ll also be discussing the recent benefit changes - particularly the bedroom tax - and how these relate to foster carers.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Mary Arnold, Brent Council’s lead member for children and families, said: “Fostering Fortnight is a nationwide initiative that really raises the profile of fostering and demystifies the whole process for anyone who thinks they might want to become a foster carer.
“Unfortunately there are lots of children in Brent who need temporary homes with families and road shows like this are a great way to spread the word and hopefully recruit more carers for the future.”
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 6 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
Potential foster carers who visit any of the stalls will be able to find out even more about the process at the fostering information evening, which takes place at The Unity Centre, 103 Church Road, Willesden, on June 6.