Brent Council spent nearly �11m on temp staff last year
Figure revealed in a report due to go before the Executive on Monday
Brent Council spent nearly �11million on temporary staff last year, a report has shown.
The report, due to go before Brent Council’s Executive on Monday (10), proposes a new contract for employing temporary staff that gives the council more say over who is hired.
It reveals �10.7m was spent in 2011/12 with a company called Comensura.
The council’s with Comensura it is due to expire in January next year.
You may also want to watch:
The report says: “The Council has a need for temporary staff, to fill vacant posts in the short term and on an interim basis, to manage fluctuations in workload and to obtain specialist skills quickly when the need arises.”
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 New Wealdstone signing McAvoy helps earn a draw at Weymouth