Brent Council rolls out cashless scheme in the first of its car parks
- Credit: Archant
Anyone wishing to use Northwick Park’s car park will have to book the space first, even if they are not paying.
From next Monday everyone who wants to use the car park off Capital Ring, Sudbury, during the week has to register through their mobile phone through Brent Council’s cashless partner RingGo.
Although the car park will be free for the first three hours, customers are not permitted to return within two hours. Any stay longer than three hours will cost £7.50.
Free parking at the weekend will remain without the need to book.
Northwick Park has a capacity for 96 cars including three disabled bays. The charged hours are between 8am and 6pm from Monday to Friday but not Bank Holidays.
Brent Council runs 11 car parks across the borough and this is the first of a host of changes to how they will charge.
Cllr George Crane, lead member for environment at Brent Council, said: “Demand for car parking at Northwick Park is very high and often, those wishing to make use of the council’s sporting facilities, are unable to find a space. The changes are designed to manage demand.
- 1 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 5 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 6 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 7 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
“We hope that the booking system will ensure those who wish to use the car park to make sure of the council’s sporting facilities are able to do so”.
Bookings must be made via www.myringgo.co.uk or their app which is free to download or call 0203 046 0010. Cash cannot be used to pay for the booking.