Brent Council reveals redevelopment plans for Bridge Park Community Leisure Centre
- Credit: Archant
Your say on proposals to transform the dated Bridge Park Community Leisure Centre in Stonebridge are wanted by Brent Council.
The authority is working on a plan to provide a modern community and sports centre, a hotel and new homes with Grand Mediterranean Holdings, the owners of the empty Unisys office next door to the leisure centre in Harrow Road.
A Brent Council spokesman said: “Our aim is to bring forward comprehensive redevelopment that would include a new community and sports centre funded by the overall plan for the area.
“The master plan proposes the conversion of office space to a hotel, plus residential development on surrounding lands, bringing in much needed new homes, jobs and improving the quality of the environment for local residents.”
The plans are supported by Cllr Zaffar Van Kalwala who represents Stonebridge ward.
He said: “The Bridge Park site has been crying out for a new, up-to-date leisure centre for too long and I’m delighted that the council is making progress to develop the area.
“I’m sure the new centre will provide first-class facilities for the whole borough.
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 4 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 9 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 10 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
“I will be working very closely with the community to ensure their views are taken on board for the new scheme.”
A public consultation on the sports centre will be held at Bridge Park on September 12 from 2pm-9pm.
Consultation on the overall plan will be at a later date.
To comment on the proposals visit www.brent.gov.uk/regeneration/bridge-park-redevelopment