Brent Council offers energy grants to private landlords
- Credit: Archant
Brent Council is offering private landlords a limited number of grants to help them invest in energy efficiency measures for their rental properties.
The council is one of four local authorities in London who have been offered the Energy Grants from the Mayor of London’s office.
Private landlords can receive up to 80 per cent of the cost of installing recommended and approved energy efficiency measures in their rental property up to a maximum of £8,000.
The funding covers key improvements such as boilers, heating controls, insulation and window improvements.
All will be carried out by Lakehouse, Brent Council’s approved contractor.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Margaret McLennan, lead member for housing at Brent Council, said: “Making properties more energy efficient is a ‘win-win’ for both the tenant and the landlord.
“The initiative will hopefully lead to reduced heating bills for tenants and both the landlord and tenant will benefit from the improved condition of the property. “
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
To be eligible for the grant you need to join the Mayor’s London Rental Standard, a scheme that provides training on renting out property, complying with the law and ways to provide a good service to tenants.
Visit london.gov.uk/landlords for more details.
The deadline for applications is February 15.