Brent Council launches consultation on basement developments in the borough
- Credit: Archant
Town hall wants to change the way it reviews plans following complaints from residents
Council chiefs have launched a consultation regarding plans for a new approach to how it assesses proposals for basement developments in the borough.
Last December, the council revealed it was reviewing how to tackle the increasing number of planning applications following concerns from residents
People living in Queen’s Park, Kensal Rise and Kilburn had complained that the construction work not only disturbed their lives but they feared it could cause structural damage to their homes.
The review had thrown up a series of proposed changes which will assist the council’s planning officers in their assessment.
You may also want to watch:
The views of local residents, residents’ associations and industry representatives will be sought throughout the six-week consultation which ends on August 6.
Cllr George Crane, lead member for regeneration and major projects said: “We recognise that the government has given developers the opportunity to challenge unreasonable requests for information but this is in response to concerns of local residents in areas where basement applications are increasing.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 9 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 10 Wealdstone settle for a draw against Aldershot Town
“I hope the development industry will recognise and agree that what we seek represents good practice.”
To make your views on basement development in Brent heard click on the link at the top right of this article.
If you would like more information on the proposed changes to basement applications please contact emily.marriott-brittan @brent.gov.uk.