Brent Council issues reminder to residents about free collection of bulky waste
- Credit: Archant
Brent Council are reminding residents they can have unwanted large household items collected for free from their homes through its bulky waste scheme.
The service allows up to five items at each time and can be provided to each household up three times each financial year.
Items must be left outside, within the property boundary, and can include any household waste of up to approximately 40kg.
The reminder is being issued as the council continues its blitz on fly-tippers blighting the borough.
Cllr Roxanne Mashari, lead member for environment and neighbourhoods, said: “Bulky waste collection is offered for free in Brent at a time when other councils are responding to financial pressures by charging for these types of services.
You may also want to watch:
“I recently visited the local tip in Ruislip to see first hand how where all mattresses collected from Brent households are recycled.
“I would encourage all residents to take advantage of the service and help us keep our community clean and tidy.”
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
The free bulky waste collection service is limited to household waste and does not include soil and rubble, or clinical and hazardous waste.
For more information and a full list of items eligible for collection go to www.brent.gov.uk and click on ‘Recycling and Waste’.