Brent Council honours volunteers in the borough at award ceremony
- Credit: Colin Patterson
The best volunteers in the borough were honoured at the annual Volunteer Awards ceremony which was held at the Civic Centre.
The event hosted by Brent Active citizens, a branch of Hammersmith and Fulham Volunteer Centre group, recognised and celebrated the work of volunteers in the community.
Cllr Bobby Thomas, Brent Mayor, presented awards to more than 100 star volunteers who were nominated by organisations across the borough.
Cllr Muhammed Butt, leader of Brent Council, joined in the festivities and addressed the audience of award winners to thank them for their hard work.
Tim Todhunter, from nominating organisation St Luke’s Hospice in Kenton, said: “Thank you for a superb evening and organising the event. We have many volunteers who support our organisation and this is a great way to be able to thank them for all their hard work.”
The evening entertainment was provided by comedian Geoff Schumann, former Fame Academy singer Audley Anderson as well as a crowd-pleasing comedy performance from Shazia Mirza.
Award winner Helen Williamson, business volunteer champion from Wembley-based company CSP, said: “Thank you for a fantastic evening, it was a great evening and venue! It was great to see and meet so many great volunteers.”
- 1 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 2 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 3 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 4 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 5 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
For more information on how to become a volunteer visit www.brentactivecitizens.org.uk or telephone 0208 903 0055.