Brent Council consults on parking permit changes
High emission vehicles could be charged more
Residents are being urged to comment on proposals to create a new tiered system of parking permit costs.
Brent Council is proposing to include more expensive permits for larger vehicles that give off higher emissions.
A council spokesman said the new system will help reduce air pollution and encourage drivers to own smaller, cheaper cars.
Brent Council is planning to re-launch the borough’s controlled parking zone (CPZ) scheme from 1 April 2011.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit the council’s website www.brent.gov.uk/consultation or email CO2.firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 10 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s