Brent Council awarded for taking residents for a ride
Town hall bosses given a framed Team GB shirt for offering free cycling sessions
Brent Council has been awarded a framed Team GB cycling shirt in recognition of their efforts to get residents on their bikes.
The kit, similar to those worn by British riders in the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games, has been handed to town hall bosses for providing a series of free guided rides in the borough throughout the summer.
British Cycling, who made the award, teamed up with the council and Sky to offer ‘Sky Rides’ to beginners and cyclists who are out of the habit.
The rides are suitable for all the family.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Muhammed Butt, leader of Brent Council, said: “It is an honour and a privilege to accept this Team GB cycling shirt and, with British riders doing so well at the moment, it is really timely.
“The council is delighted to be involved in the Sky Ride programme, as we want to promote cycling and encourage more people to take part. I often cycle to work or cycle with my children and I really recommend it.”
- 1 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 5 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 6 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 7 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 8 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
Robert McLean, from British Cycling, said: “Sky Rides are fun, free events.
“Cycling is a great way of getting out there, taking part in sport and keeping fit. I encourage anyone who is interested to sign up for a Sky Ride in Brent and see for themselves just how much fun cycling is.
“If you’ve not been on a bike for a while don’t worry, our friendly and experienced ride leaders are there to help and support you.
“We want more people to get on their bikes in Brent and what better way to start than in this fantastic year for sport and cycling.”
The next ride will take place on August 19.
To sign up visit www.goskyride.com/brent