Brent Council awarded £500k to boost businesses in parts of Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Parts of Wembley are set for a makeover this summer thanks to a cash injection of more than £500,000.
The financial boost from the Greater London Authority’s High Street Fund will go towards reactivating empty stores, providing demand-led business support, shop front and building improvements in the area.
The project, which will be rolled out in Wembley Park Drive, Wembley Triangle, Wembley Central and Ealing Road, will support a high street initiative, which aims to help businesses improve their online visibility by providing digital platforms, advice and guidance.
The money is the third highest borough-led award allocated by the GLA.
Emily Berwyn. Founder and director of Meanwhile Foundation, a charity that helps pop-up shops to open in Brent, said: “It’s wonderful that the huge potential of Wembley’s high streets, residents and businesses has been recognised by the GLA in this latest round of funding.
You may also want to watch:
“It builds on the Coming Soon Club work to build capacity in Wembley’s residents and businesses to animate empty space, and for Meanwhile uses to compliment the long term regeneration in the area.”
Cllr Margaret McLennan, lead member for regeneration and housing at Brent Council, added: “With a new digital high street initiative, the reactivation of empty spaces and unlocking the potential of each high street, this is going to be an exciting year for businesses and shoppers in Wembley - which is our largest growth area.”
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
“We are thrilled to have secured this funding which will help us create thriving high streets across Wembley.