Brent Council approves plans to build hundreds more new homes in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Brent Council has given the green light for hundreds of new homes to be built on land next to Wembley Stadium.
Last night the town hall’s planning committee approved the plans for 340 homes in Arena Square next to the iconic venue and a further 250 homes to be built in Cottrell House and Amex House which are a five-minute walk away.
The approval comes as part of the regeneration of the area around the stadium by Quintain which includes 11,500 new homes of which 32 per cent will be affordable.
The 25-year project will also create 10,000 new jobs, apprenticeships and business opportunities
Cllr Margaret McLennan, Deputy Leader of Brent Council, said: “We’re serious about making this borough an amazing place to live and are working hard to build the homes that people need. We know that house prices are a massive issue and are pressing developers to deliver as many affordable units as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a huge development and we’re proud that once completed, Wembley will have over 11,500 new homes, with around 32% affordable housing across the Wembley Masterplan area.
“The approval of these plans shows that we are serious about regenerating the area, creating the much-needed new homes, jobs, apprenticeships and economic opportunities for local people and demonstrates that Brent is very much open for business.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 QPR suffer defeat to rivals Fulham
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed