Brent Council appoints a third new director
- Credit: Archant
Brent Council has announced the appointment of a new director of human of resources.
David Veale will join the town hall from neighbouring Ealing where he is the assistant director of human resources and organisational development.
He has been in this role for the last four years and has worked for Ealing in a number of senior roles for the past 12.
Under Mr Veale’s leadership, a series of initiatives have been rolled out in Ealing including a new sickness absence information system.
Carolyn Downs, Brent Council’s chief executive, said: “David is a very experienced HR professional who will bring his open and honest leadership style to the council as well as the energy and determination needed to help us achieve our 2020 Vision.”
Mr Veale added: “Brent is an extremely diverse borough served by a council with real ambition and potential. I am keen to join the team and make my contribution to help Brent realise those ambitions.”
Mr Veale is the third director to have been appointed by Brent Council in the last two weeks.
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 5 Covid patient numbers in Brent hospitals remains steady
- 6 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 7 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 8 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
- 9 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 10 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data
Althea Loderick will become the borough’s new strategic director for resources and Amar Dave will join as the director for regeneration and environment in June.