Brent Council appoints a third new director
- Credit: Archant
Brent Council has announced the appointment of a new director of human of resources.
David Veale will join the town hall from neighbouring Ealing where he is the assistant director of human resources and organisational development.
He has been in this role for the last four years and has worked for Ealing in a number of senior roles for the past 12.
Under Mr Veale’s leadership, a series of initiatives have been rolled out in Ealing including a new sickness absence information system.
Carolyn Downs, Brent Council’s chief executive, said: “David is a very experienced HR professional who will bring his open and honest leadership style to the council as well as the energy and determination needed to help us achieve our 2020 Vision.”
Mr Veale added: “Brent is an extremely diverse borough served by a council with real ambition and potential. I am keen to join the team and make my contribution to help Brent realise those ambitions.”
Mr Veale is the third director to have been appointed by Brent Council in the last two weeks.
- 1 QPR boss Beale disappointed to bow out of Carabao Cup
- 2 Polio virus detected in sewage in Brent
- 3 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 6 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 7 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 8 Sven Badzak: Stabbing victim's family ‘outraged’ as trial delayed
- 9 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 10 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
Althea Loderick will become the borough’s new strategic director for resources and Amar Dave will join as the director for regeneration and environment in June.