Brent Council advises residents on how to dispose of unwanted Christmas trees
- Credit: PA
As the festive period draws to a close, council chiefs have dished out advice on how to dispose of unwanted Christmas trees in the most environmentally friendly way.
Brent residents can recycle their festive trees by cutting them up into pieces and putting them into their organic recycling green bins.
Alternatively, borough residents can take their redundant trees to the Reuse and Recycle Centre in Abbey Road, Park Royal.
Those who live in flats can request a biodegradable sack into which you can put Christmas trees when they have been cut up into small pieces
The sack should then by place by the communal bins.
Flat occupants will then need to call Brent Council to log a request for a collection after you have filled the bags on 020 8937 5050.
- 1 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 5 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 6 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 7 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 8 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack