Brent cop to ride 540km in dementia charity mission
- Credit: Archant
A Brent police officer will take part in a gruelling 540km bike ride from Vietnam to Cambodia in a bid to raise thousands of pounds for a good cause.
DC Brett Skowron, who is based in the CID at Wembley police station, faces a painstaking cross-country journey from Ho Chi Minh City to the iconic Angkor Wat temple in sweltering heats of up to 33 degrees Celsius on a mix of tarmac and dirt roads.
The officer, who has been a detective for nearly five years working in the fraud unit and community safety units, aims to raise £3400 for the Alzheimer’s Society.
DC Skowron’s great aunt suffered from dementia before she died and has a great uncle that currently suffers from the disease.
He said: “I have decided to take part in this challenge for Alzheimer’s Society because although the illness is now getting the recognition and attention it deserves.
You may also want to watch:
“With it likely to affect so many of us, whether a family member, a friend or yourself becoming a sufferer, I feel it is not as heavily supported as other charities.
“It’s great to think that I will be raising funds to help support people to live well with dementia today and fund research to find a cure for tomorrow.”
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 7 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 8 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
To sponsor DC Skowron and for more information visit: www.justgiving.com/Brett-Skowron/
People can also text ‘BRSK83 £3’ to 70070 to donate £3.
Alternatively if you wish to sponsor in person or donate any gifts for raffle, Brett can be contacted at email@example.com.