Brent contractor wins environmental award for its green credentials
- Credit: Archant
A Brent contractor has been recognised for its green credentials at an environmental awards ceremony.
FM Conway, responsible for highway maintenance contractor in the borough, has won the Resource Management Award at the 2013 ENDS Green Economy Awards, in recognition of its pioneering approach to sustainable construction.
The award has capped off a successful year for the maintenance firm, which recently scooped a special award from the Mineral Products Association for its leading work on cycle safety.
Michael Conway, CEO at FM Conway, said: “Sustainability is at the heart of the service we provide for communities, local authorities and transport organisations in London and the south east.
“It’s terrific to have been recognised for our work. Using materials responsibly is crucial for the environment – but it also helps to reduce costs for local authorities and residents by cutting the need for expensive raw materials
You may also want to watch:
FM Conway plans to open a second asphalt recycling plant in London in 2014 to support its highways work across the capital.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer