Brent community unite to humiliate South East Alliance at Cricklewood protest
- Credit: Archant
A right-wing group suffered public humiliation after just eight of their members turned up at a march they organised in Cricklewood on Saturday.
The flop demonstration by the South East Alliance (SAE) was eclipsed by the hundreds of people who turned up to protest against their presence.
The red-faced SAE members planned to demonstrate outside a flat above shops in Cricklewood Broadway which is speculated to be the headquarters of Muslim Brotherhood (MB), a praised political group in Egypt but were ousted from power amid popular demonstrations.
North West London United, a newly formed anti-racist organisation in Brent, was at the forefront of the counter protest.
A spokeswoman said: “A pathetic eight members showed up and were humiliated by a huge showing from the local community who prevented them from reaching their target.
You may also want to watch:
“A big, expensive police presence was there to protect the fascists but ultimately local people, united, showed them that they weren’t welcome to spread their racist poison in our peaceful, multicultural community.”
SAE, which held a similar under attended protest at the same spot last month, deny they have links to the English Defence League claiming they are ‘a non-political community based street movement’.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
However, their Face book page is filled with anti-Muslim posts.