Brent Civic Centre to open its doors to the public for a weekend
Visitors can find out why the �100million project will be the UK’s greenest building
The new Brent Civic Centre will be opening its doors to the public to promote careers in the construction world.
Skanska, the company overseeing the �100m project, is inviting people to visit the site and take a tour of the UK’s greenest public building.
Visitors will see some of the sustainability features of the building and will learn about the construction techniques used to achieve its complex design.
They will also be given the chance to see the unique design of the atrium, the administration blocks and the complex civic drum, as well as the ‘spider’s web’ steelwork in the ballroom.
You may also want to watch:
Skanska’s learning and development team and The College of North West London (CNWL) will be on hand to discuss career options in the construction industry, including courses available within the borough of Brent, apprenticeships and eco-technology courses.
The college will also provide a range of interactive activities which allows visitors to test their construction skills.
- 1 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 2 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 3 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 4 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 5 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 6 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 7 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 8 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 9 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
The tours will take place on November 9 and 10 from 9am to 4pm and 9am to 1pm respectively.
Visits are strictly by appointment only so to register go to www.opendoorsweekend.co.uk.