Brent businesses can bid for civic centre contracts
The council says the civic centre will be the UK’s greenest public building when it opens in 2013
Brent businesses are being invited to bid for contracts working on the ‘UK’s greenest public building’.
Construction of the Wembley Civic Centre is now underway and Brent Council hopes to encourage local businesses to bid for the wide range of contracts up for tender.
The council, along with the building’s construction contractor Skanska UK, are teaming up with Business to Business to launch the Civic Centre Supply Chains programme.
Aktar Choudhury, project director for the Civic Centre, says: “Brent’s new Civic Centre will be the UK’s greenest public building.
You may also want to watch:
“This is not just about how the building will be constructed and the materials used, it is also about how the building will be used and the benefits it will bring to the local economy, the community and the environment
“Brent Council is committed to ensuring vital opportunities for jobs for local people on site and for businesses to bid for work on site.”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
Available contracts include joinery, block work, waste removal, turnstiles, fire protection, glazed walls and signage.
The Civic Centre Supply Chains programme will be launched on Tuesday 15 February at the Quality Hotel in Wembley.
To see the full feature on The Civic Centre go to www.wktimes.co.uk