BREAKING: QPR given permission to talk to Newcastle midfielder Barton
The Press association are reporting that QPR have been given permission to talk to Joey Barton about a possible transfer.
The Newcastle midfielder is available for free and has been linked with a host of clubs.
The Magpies made the player available after a succession of tweets regarding the future of the club and how it was being run.
Toon boss Alan Pardew played Barton in his side’s opening two matches of the season and it seemed the player could be staying at St James’s Park.
However QPR are keen to bring in reinforcements before the transfer window ends next Wednesday and Barton looks like the marquee signing new owner Tony Fernandes has been looking for.
You may also want to watch:
Rangers have had a bid turned down for Scott Parker and have also been linked with Joe Cole, Peter Crouch and Jermaine Jenas.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears