BREAKING: QPR given permission to talk to Newcastle midfielder Barton
The Press association are reporting that QPR have been given permission to talk to Joey Barton about a possible transfer.
The Newcastle midfielder is available for free and has been linked with a host of clubs.
The Magpies made the player available after a succession of tweets regarding the future of the club and how it was being run.
Toon boss Alan Pardew played Barton in his side’s opening two matches of the season and it seemed the player could be staying at St James’s Park.
However QPR are keen to bring in reinforcements before the transfer window ends next Wednesday and Barton looks like the marquee signing new owner Tony Fernandes has been looking for.
You may also want to watch:
Rangers have had a bid turned down for Scott Parker and have also been linked with Joe Cole, Peter Crouch and Jermaine Jenas.
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 5 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 6 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 7 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 8 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 10 Special needs school's bus cut due to petrol crisis