Brazilian defender to be offered contract at QPR
Warnock set to capture South American centre half
Neil Warnock is set to offer Bruno Perone a contract at QPR this week.
The Brazilian centre-back, who can also play in midfield, featured in the second half of Rangers’ 3-1 friendly defeat to Luton Town on Friday night.
Twenty-four-year-old Perone is registered with Brazilian side Tombense and spent much of last season on loan with Spanish side Xerez, and Warnock has seen enough to convince him to offer the defender a deal at Loftus Road.
“Perone has done well, I like him, he can play midfield as well, but I think he’s getting better as he learns a few words in English,” said Warnock. “I’d definitely think about taking him on permanently.
You may also want to watch:
“I think he’s done well, he knows Alejandro (Faurlin) as well, they can talk to eachother. He wants to learn as well, which is half the battle really, when you want to learn you’re halfway there.
“I’m going to talk to him next week and see what we can do. It’s up to the board as well, we’ll see what we can do.”
- 1 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 4 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 5 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 6 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 7 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 8 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 9 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
- 10 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
Warnock will also offer a deal for former Ipswich Town keeper Brian Murphy, who is a free agent following his departure from Portman Road at the end of last season.
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes