Brazilian defender to be offered contract at QPR
Warnock set to capture South American centre half
Neil Warnock is set to offer Bruno Perone a contract at QPR this week.
The Brazilian centre-back, who can also play in midfield, featured in the second half of Rangers’ 3-1 friendly defeat to Luton Town on Friday night.
Twenty-four-year-old Perone is registered with Brazilian side Tombense and spent much of last season on loan with Spanish side Xerez, and Warnock has seen enough to convince him to offer the defender a deal at Loftus Road.
“Perone has done well, I like him, he can play midfield as well, but I think he’s getting better as he learns a few words in English,” said Warnock. “I’d definitely think about taking him on permanently.
“I think he’s done well, he knows Alejandro (Faurlin) as well, they can talk to eachother. He wants to learn as well, which is half the battle really, when you want to learn you’re halfway there.
“I’m going to talk to him next week and see what we can do. It’s up to the board as well, we’ll see what we can do.”
- 1 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 2 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 3 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 4 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 5 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 6 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 7 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 8 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 9 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 10 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
Warnock will also offer a deal for former Ipswich Town keeper Brian Murphy, who is a free agent following his departure from Portman Road at the end of last season.
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes