Boy, five, donates birthday presents to the Mayhew Animal Home
- Credit: Archant
A kind-hearted boy has given up his birthday presents by asking his friends to buy gifts for the Mayhew Animal Home instead.
Henry Hewitt celebrated his fifth birthday by handing over a huge box of toys including a cat basket and fluffy to the charity based in Trenmar Gardens, last week.
The youngster was joined by his mother Maggie, three-year-old brother Will and friend Ludo, who is also five.
They took a tour of the rescue centre and Henry enjoyed a cuddle with Milly, one of the Mayhew’s first dogs to be rescued this year.
Henry said: “I really want to work in an animal rescue hospital like the Mayhew, or rescue elephants in Africa. I asked all my friends to buy presents for the pets and when someone bought me a gift instead I was annoyed as I want it all to go to them!
You may also want to watch:
“I just love animals and the best bit was meeting Milly.”
His mother added: “We are incredibly proud of him. It was all his idea. He wants to do it again. He’s started a trend amongst his friends because they’re also doing it.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 8 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
“He’s got so much out of this. We love the Mayhew.“
For more information about the Mayhew visit themayhew.org.