Boy, 13, dies after falling from a high rise block in Wembley Park
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old boy has tragically died after falling from a high rise housing block in Wembley Park.
Emergency services were called to Olympic Way at 6.55am this morning (September 7) to reports of a child fallen from a height.
Despite the best efforts of paramedics, a child died at the scene, Scotland Yard said.
The youngster’s next of kin have been informed and are being supported by specialist officers.
The death is currently being treated as unexplained.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Ketan Sheth, who represents Tokyngton ward where the child died, said: “As a father of two young boys I am absolutely shocked and saddened to hear this devastating, tragic news.
“My immediate thoughts and prayers are with the young child’s parents.”
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 6 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 7 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 The community is stepping in where the government is failing
- 10 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.